I am a computational mathematician with an unrelenting interest in cardiac mechanics.
2012 – 2014 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Scientific Computation Research Center , Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY USA
- Project : High-Performance Computing (HPC) Consortium: Bringing HPC to industry in fields related to computational fluids and fluid-structure interaction.
- Supervisors : Assad Oberai , Onkar Sahni, Mark S. Shephard
2007 – 2012 Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill NC USA
- Thesis : Addressing the Computational Cost of the Immersed Boundary Method through Multi-Implicit and Multi-Rate Strategies with Time Parallelism
- Supervisor : Michael L. Minion, Laura A. Miller
2003 – 2007 BSc. , University of Central Florida , Orlando FL USA.
- Undergraduate Research : Magnetohydrodynamic Treatment of Magnetic Reconnection at an X-type Neutral Point.
- Supervisor : Bhimsen K. Shivamoggi
Current Focus :
- Patient-specific cardiac mechanics and electrophysiology for heart failure patients treated with cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Parameter impact in passive and active constitutive laws.
Previous Research :
- Partial-slip boundary conditions for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- High performance computing and novel meshing techniques for fluid applications
- Computational fluid-structure interaction modeling and simulation.
- Goal-oriented anisotropic error estimation for finite element based computational fluid dynamics.